HMRC Making Tax Digital (MTD) VAT Returns
To use these features you will need to authorise Bookkeeping Today to use the HMRC Making Tax Digital (MTD) service with your company. If you are not authorised yet, you will be prompted to allow this authorisation. This is a quick process that creates a secure link between Bookkeeping Today and HMRC, so HMRC can be sure they are dealing with a trusted web site.
On this page you can:
- See a list of VAT returns for the year.
- See VAT returns for previous years if available.
- Submit a VAT Return to HMRC.
- Check the details of VAT Returns you have submitted, including dates and amounts.
Each VAT return in the list shows its start and end dates, as well as the date it was submitted, or the date it is due if it has not been submitted yet.
VAT Return Dates
You do not have to submit a VAT return on its due date. You can submit a VAT return at any time between its end date and the due date. You can submit a VAT return after its due date, but HMRC may apply a surcharge for late payments.
Registering with HMRC for Making Tax Digital for VAT
To use MTDfV, your HMRC account has to be registered for MTDfV with HMRC. This is a one time process that happens when you register a company with HMRC, or when you switch from the old HMRC VAT system to using MTDfV.
Getting set up for MTD for VAT is a 2 step process. Go to the Tools/HMRC page and you'll find 2 button to help you.
First you need to register your company for MTD for VAT with HMRC. There is a button on the Tools/HMRC page to take you to the correct part of the HMRC web site for that. It can take a couple of days for them to do this, then they will send you a confirmation. You only ever have to do this once per company.
HMRC will email or write to you to confirm when the company is correctly registered for MTD. Do not try to authorise Bookkeeping Today until you have this confirmation.
Once you have the HMRC confirmation, you can authorise Bookkeeping Today. The Tools/HMRC page has a button for that too. Authorisation is easy, it just involves logging into HMRC again to tell them to give Bookkeeping Today access.
Problems authorising Making Tax Digital for VAT
If there is a problem with your HMRC MTDfV registration, Bookkeeping Today may repeatedly ask you to re-authorise your account. (This is also known as the "The client and/or agent is not authorised" error).
There are four reasons this can happen:
- The VAT Registration Number in your company details is not correct. Edit your company and double-check the VRN is correct.
- Your company is not registered for MTD for VAT with HMRC yet.
- The company was authorised with Bookkeeping Today before HMRC had fully processed your MTD for VAT registration.
- Your company was registered correctly, but you authorised with a different HMRC account (e.g. a personal account).
So if you have this problem, check your registration with HMRC, and check you are using the correct HMRC account when authorising.
It's pretty straight forward. Please contact us if you have questions or run into any problems.